Minwax™ Hardwood Floor Reviver quickly and easily renews the beauty of hardwood floors that are dull, scratched or showing signs of wear.
- Requires no sanding or special preparation
- Stronger and more durable than a polish
- Leaves a crystal-clear finish that won't change the colour of your floor
- Provides beauty and protection for 3-6 months
|Application Tool:||Painter's pad or synthetic applicator|
|Dry Time:||2 hours for light foot traffic; 24 hours to replace furniture|
|Coverage:||Approximately 21m2 per 946ml|
|Recommended Uses:||Hardwood floors|
Minwax™ Hardwood Floor Reviver is designed to work on polyurethane-finished hardwood floors. It is not recommended for use on laminates, unfinished, newly finished, waxed or oiled floors, or for floors coated with finishes other than polyurethane. If you are unsure of what type of floor you have, consult a flooring professional before using Reviver.
Reviver is not designed for use on floors that are in very poor condition. Badly damaged floors or floors that have large areas where the finish is worn away will require a complete refinishing.
Prepare the Floor:
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove all loose dirt.
- Wash the floor with a mild, oil-free cleaner . Allow to dry completely.
- Test Reviver on an inconspicuous area of the floor to ensure adhesion and compatibility. Wax and ingredients in some floor polishes may prevent Reviver from adhering to the floor. Consult a flooring professional if wax or polish had been applied to the floor.
Apply the Coating:
- Rock the bottle several times before opening the cap. Do not shake.
- Squirt Reviver in an "S" pattern directly onto a 1m x 1m area of the floor.
- Use water to dampen a new painter's pad attached to a long pole. Use the damp pad to spread Reviver across the flooring area. Do not spread too thin! Work in the direction of the wood's grain using a back-and-forth motion. Smooth Reviver with the grain.
- Keep working in small sections until the entire floor is coated.
- For best results, apply an even coat. Keep airborne dust to a minimum while the floor is wet.
Let the finish dry at least two hours before walking lightly on the floor. Do not walk on the floor if it is wet or tacky. Avoid heavy traffic and do not replace furniture or rugs for 24 hours after application. When replacing furniture, do not slide.
CLEANUP: Application tools can be easily cleaned with soap and warm water.
Reviver can be reapplied as needed (usually about every 6 months) to keep your floors looking beautiful. Reviver leaves a permanent protective coating on your floor, which will help renew the floor's beauty and shine.
Notes: Reviver is a permanent finish that can only be removed by sanding. It is not strippable. Do not use on laminate floors. For best results, do not apply too thin. Applying too thinly may cause streaking. Do not apply with a sponge mop.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Minwax™ Hardwood Floor Reviver?
Stronger and more durable than polish, Reviver is a topcoat that restores shine and provides a layer of protection to any unwaxed, polyurethane-finished floor. Reviver quickly and easily renews the beauty of hardwood floors that are dull, scratched, scuffed or showing signs of wear.
Can Reviver be used on pre-finished hardwood floors and laminate floors?
No. Reviver will not adhere to pre-finished or laminate flooring. If you are unsure if your floor is pre-finished, test Reviver on an inconspicuous area.
Can Reviver be used on floors that are in very poor condition?
No. Badly damaged floors or floors that have large areas where the finish is worn away will require a complete refinishing.
How do I prepare the floor before I apply Reviver?
There is no sanding or special preparation required. Simply sweep or vacuum the floor to remove all loose dirt. Then, wash the floor with a mild oil-free cleaner and allow it to dry.
Does Reviver need to be mixed with water?
No. Reviver is premixed and ready to use.
How do I apply Reviver?
Squirt Reviver lightly in an "S" pattern directly onto the floor working one area at a time. Then spread the Reviver with a painter's pad in the direction of the grain and let dry.
Will Reviver change the colour of my floor?
No. Reviver is non-ambering. It dries quickly to a crystal clear finish.
How often can I use Reviver?
Reviver can be reapplied every 3-6 months as needed.
Material Safety Data Sheet
We Also Suggest
Here are some additional products and tips to explore.
Remove Dirt & Grime
Prepare the floor before you start by sweeping or vacuuming the floor to remove all loose dirt then wash the floor with a mild, oil-free cleaner.