Minwax™ Express Clear™ provides protection and a beautiful sheen in just one hour.
- Can be used as a companion product to Minwax™ Express Color, or over other Minwax™ stains, or over bare wood.
- Comes in a handy 177ml tube.
- Easily applied with a cloth.
- Crystal clear finish is great for furniture, trim, molding and crafts.
|Sheens:||High Gloss, Low Gloss|
|Application Tool:||Soft cloth|
|Location:||Interior wood surfaces|
|Recoat:||After 1 hour|
|Dry Time:||Wait overnight before normal use|
|Cleanup:||Soap and warm water|
|Coverage:||Approximately 4m2 per 177ml tube|
|Coats:||1-2 coats. For more protection and sheen, additional coats may be applied.|
|Recommended Uses:||Furniture, trim, molding, crafts|
- If applying to bare wood, sand the wood smooth.
- If applying on top of Minwax™ Express Color™ or stain, do not sand at all.
- Remove all sanding dust.
- Shake the tube.
- Squeeze the tube gently, pointing it toward the wood.
- Minwax™ Express Clear™ appears milky but dries clear.
- Apply to the wood with a clean, soft cloth, moving in the direction of the wood grain.
- Wait one hour, and then apply a second coat.
- A third coat can be applied, if desired.
- Wait overnight before subjecting the wood to normal use.
- There is no need to sand between coats, although if you want added smoothness, you can sand lightly before applying the final coat.
- Soap and warm water
- 4m2 per 177ml tube
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of using Minwax™ Express Clear?
Minwax™ Express Clear™ provides protection and a beautiful sheen to your wood in one hour. Wipe it on with a cloth, let it dry, and you're done. Minwax™ Express Clear cleans up with soap and water.
How do I apply Minwax™ Express Clear™?
Minwax™ Express Clear is very easy to use. Point the opening of the tube toward the wood and squeeze gently. Wipe the product onto the wood using a clean, lint-free cloth, moving in the direction of the wood grain. Let it dry for an hour and then apply a second coat. And that's it—you're done!
Can I apply a third coat of Minwax™ Express Clear™ if I want to?
Certainly, you can! Simply wait an hour after applying the second coat, and then apply a third.
Does Minwax™ Express Clear™ require sanding between coats?
Minwax™ Express Clear does not need to be sanded between coats.
Can I apply Minwax™ Express Clear™ over Minwax™ Express Color? How about over another Minwax™ stain or bare wood?
Minwax™ Express Clear™ works wonderfully over Minwax™ Express Color, adding protection and sheen. It also works well over all Minwax™ stains. And it works over bare wood!
Minwax™ Express Color has a finish in it. Why do I need Minwax™ Express Clear?
Minwax™ Express Color does have a clear finish in it already, so you're not required to use Minwax™ Express Clear™ on top of Minwax™ Express Color. However, some people like to add extra protection, and others like to add more sheen to the Minwax™ Express Color. Minwax™ Express Clear™ is perfect for those uses!