Minwax™ Professional Formula Sanding Sealer is a clear sealer formulated for application over bare wood. Its quick dry feature allows for sealing and topcoating your project in just one day.
- Seals wood grain.
- Easy to sand .
- Dries in one hour.
- Use on unstained, bare wood floors, furniture, doors and cabinets.
- Can be topcoated with any Minwax™ oil or water-based polyurethane finish.
|Application Tool:||Synthetic bristle brush, foam applicator, or synthetic pad applicator|
|Location:||Interior wood surfaces|
|Dry Time:||1 hour|
|Cleanup:||Soap and water|
|Coverage:||Approximately 46m2 per 3.78L|
|Recommended Uses:||Use over bare wood floors, furniture, doors and cabinets before topcoating with any Minwax™ oil or water-based polyurethane|
Note: If wood is stained, it is not necessary to apply Minwax™ Sanding Sealer prior to topcoating.
Directions for Use:
- Sand project down to bare wood.
- Remove all dust, then thoroughly wipe with a damp cloth.
- Stir Minwax™ Sanding Sealer well before and occasionally during use.
- Apply a thin coat of Minwax™ Sanding Sealer with a high quality synthetic bristle brush, foam applicator, or synthetic pad applicator.
- Allow surface to dry at least one hour.
- Abrade surface with a new 320 grit sandpaper or screen, or a maroon floor pad. Remove all dust.
- Apply two or three coats of any Minwax™ oil or water-based polyurethane, following label directions. Do not use under lacquer.
Note: Drying time will be increased by high humidity, low temperature, lack of air movement or heavier application.
CLEANUP: Clean application tools with warm water immediately after use.
COVERAGE: Approximately 46m2 per 3.78L
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Minwax™ Sanding Sealer?
Minwax™ Sanding Sealer is formulated to work as a base coat under any Minwax™ oil or water-based polyurethane finish. It seals the wood grain, and is designed to be easy to sand, providing an ultra-smooth finish. It is formulated for use on unstained, interior, bare wood surfaces including floors, furniture, doors and cabinets.
How long does it take for Minwax™ Sanding Sealer to dry?
It takes Minwax™ Sanding Sealer only one hour to dry! The quick dry feature of Minwax™ Sanding Sealer allows you to seal and topcoat your project in one day.
Which Minwax™ products can be used with Minwax™ Sanding Sealer?
Minwax™ Sanding Sealer can be used with any Minwax™ oil or water-based polyurethane finish, such as Minwax™ Fast-Drying Polyurethane, Minwax™ Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors, or Minwax™ Water Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane.
Can Minwax™ Sanding Sealer be used over stained wood?
This is not recommended. The purpose of Minwax™ Sanding Sealer is to seal the wood and form a base coat for a protective clear finish. If the wood has been stained, Minwax™ Sanding Sealer is not necessary. In addition, it's possible to scuff the stain while sanding the sealer. Minwax™ Sanding Sealer is best used on bare wood.
Can stain be applied over Minwax™ Sanding Sealer?
No. Minwax™ Sanding Sealer completely seals the wood. It will prevent the wood from absorbing stain.