Minwax™ Antique Oil Finish is an oil-based protective finish that gives wood a soft, hand-rubbed luster. It's durable, easily maintained, and highly resistant to staining.
- Minwax™ Antique Oil Finish may be used over finished and unfinished wood.
- Antique Oil Finish is recommended for interior wood surfaces such as cabinets, tables, paneling, doors and trim. It works by penetrating the wood.
- It may be used over wood stained with Minwax™ Wood Finish™, or other Minwax™ wood stains, or applied directly to bare wood to enhance its beauty.
|Application Tool:||Cloth or brush|
|Recoat:||After 24 hours|
|Dry Time:||5-10 minutes prior to buffing|
|Cleanup:||Mineral spirits or paint thinner following the manufacturer's safety instructions|
|Coverage:||Approximately 14m2 per 946ml|
|Coats:||2 or 3|
|Recommended Uses:||Furniture, antiques, woodwork, cabinets, doors, paneling, accessories|
- Surface must be dry and free of wax, grease, polish, dirt, and other foreign matter, or old finishes in poor condition.
- Sand to obtain a smooth, uniform surface. Remove all dust with a cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
- Wipe or brush on a generous coat of Minwax™ Antique Oil. Apply in the direction of the grain.
- After 5-10 minutes, buff evenly with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Wait 24 hours and apply a second coat. Two coats are recommended.
- For additional gloss, coat a third time after 24 hours.
CLEANUP: Use mineral spirits or paint thinner following manufacturer's safety instructions
COVERAGE: Approximately 14m2 per 946ml
Note: If buffing is difficult, recoat surface immediately and buff. Not recommended for floors.