Specially designed to remove weathered oils & stains from decks and other exterior wood. It also restores the natural colour to severely weathered and discoloured wood without bleaching. Minwax™ Heavy Duty Deck Cleaner is also self-neutralizing, which means you will not need to apply another solution before oiling or staining.
- Removes weathered oils & stains.
- Restores wood's natural colour & beauty.
- Removes stains from dirt, mildew, algae and fungus.
|Application Tool:||A pump-up sprayer, or use a plastic bucket with a synthetic bristle brush or roller|
|Dry Time:||Wait 2-3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a Minwax™ oil or stain|
|Cleanup:||Soap and water|
|Coverage:||46-48m2 per 3.78L depending on the condition and porosity of the wood|
|Recommended Uses:||Decks & fences, garden furniture, exterior timber.|
- This product is corrosive. Handle with care.
- A trial patch is recommended before starting. Test on an inconspicuous area before applying to entire surface.
- Product can be applied to dry or damp wood.
- Avoid spraying on windy days.
- Prior to spraying, close all windows and doors around area in which you are working.
- Remove all deck furniture and decorative items that could come in contact with Minwax™ Heavy Duty Deck Cleaner. Do not allow product to come in contact with aluminum, painted, or finished surfaces that you do not intend to restore.
- Saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water prior to application. Then cover all plants and shrubs to protect them from overspray. Uncover promptly after use.
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt, pants, eye protection and rubber gloves. Do not allow Minwax™ Heavy Duty Deck Cleaner to come in prolonged contact with clothing, carpet or fabric as damage may occur.
- Minwax™ Heavy Duty Deck Cleaner may slightly darken Redwood. To brighten wood after cleaning , use Minwax™ Deck Cleaner & Brightener.
- Plan the application: for horizontal surfaces, work backwards so that you do not walk on the surface being treated. For vertical surfaces, work from the bottom up. Treat small areas at a time.
- Exercise caution when working on wet surfaces, as they tend to be slippery.
- Add contents of container to a plastic bucket or plastic pump-up sprayer. Do not use a metal container.
- For ease of application, apply Minwax™ Heavy Duty Deck Cleaner with a pump-up sprayer, or use a synthetic bristle brush or roller. If you are using a pump-up sprayer, use a coarse spray. Do not breathe spray mist. Do not apply to an area larger than you can work on within 10-15 minutes. Immediately and thoroughly rinse any overspray or accidental spills with water.
- Wait 10-15 minutes and then scrub the surface with a synthetic, stiff bristle brush (do not use a wire or natural bristle brush) to remove any stain or finish that does not immediately come up. Do not let Minwax Heavy Duty Deck Cleaner completely dry during application. If it does dry, re-wet surface with a garden hose. Keep the brush wet to help in cleaning.
- If stubborn areas remain, repeat the application in those areas.
- Thoroughly rinse the surface with a garden hose or pressure washer, removing all residue. After rinsing the surface, be sure to saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water.
DRYING: Wait 2-3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a Minwax oil or stain.
COVERAGE: Approximately 46-48m2 per 3.78L depending on the condition and porosity of the wood.
CLEANUP: Soap and water.
Material Safety Data Sheet
We Also Suggest
Here are some additional products and tips to explore.
Apply Minwax™ Heavy Duty Deck Cleaner with a pump-up sprayer or pour content into a plastic bucket and use a synthetic bristle brush or roller to scrub deck.
For horizontal surfaces, work backwards so that you do not walk on the surface being treated. For vertical surfaces, work from the bottom up. Treat small areas at a time.