Formulated to remove oil and latex-based (water based) solid and semi-transparent stains and tinted and clear waterproofers from decks and other exterior timber.
- Restores wood's natural colour and beauty
- Removes dirt, mildew, algae & fungus stains
- Ready to use
|Application Tool:||A plastic bucket or plastic watering can|
|Dry Time:||Wait 2-3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a Minwax™ Decking Oil or Stain.|
|Cleanup:||Soap and water|
|Coverage:||Approximately 47m2 per 3.78L depending on the condition and porosity of the wood|
|Recommended Uses:||Decks & fences, garden furniture, exterior timber.|
Before You Begin
- This product is corrosive. Handle with care.
- Minwax™ Deck Stripper should NOT be used on new or untreated wood as it may cause the wood to "fuzz" or raise the wood's grain.
- A trial patch is recommended before starting. Test on an inconspicuous area before applying to entire surface.
- Product can be applied to dry or damp wood.
- Remove all deck furniture and decorative items that could come in contact with Minwax™ Deck Stripper. Do not allow product to come in contact with aluminum, painted or finished surfaces you do not intend to restore. Protect glass from contact with product.
- Saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water prior to application. Then cover all plants and shrubs to protect them from contact with product. Uncover promptly after use.
- Prevent contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wear impervious chemical-resistant rubber gloves and safety goggles during use. Do not allow Minwax™ Deck Stripper to come into prolonged contact with carpet or fabric, as damage may occur.
- After application of Minwax™ Deck Stripper, it is strongly recommended you use a wood brightener such as Minwax™ Deck Cleaner & Brightener to neutralize the surface and allow for the best performance of your reapplied oil or stain. Minwax™ Deck Stripper may substantially darken Cedar and Redwood. Using a wood brightener will also help restore these woods' natural colour and beauty.
- Plan the application: for horizontal surfaces, walk backwards as you work so you do not walk on the surface being treated. For vertical surfaces, work from the bottom up.
- Exercise caution when working on wet surfaces, as they tend to be extremely slippery.
- Prevent contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wear impervious chemical-resistant rubber gloves and safety goggles during use.
- Add contents of container to a plastic bucket or plastic watering can. Do not use a metal container. Do not apply through any type of spray equipment. Contact with spray mist causes eye, skin and respiratory tract burns.
- Apply Minwax™ Deck Stripper liberally with a synthetic bristle brush or roller or pour liberally from a plastic watering can. Do not apply to an area larger than you can work on within 10-15 minutes. Immediately and thoroughly rinse with water any accidental spills or surfaces that unintentionally come in contact with product.
- Wait 10-15 minutes and then scrub the surface with a synthetic, stiff bristle brush (do not use a wire or natural bristle brush) to remove any stain or finish that does not immediately come up. Do not let Minwax™ Deck Stripper completely dry during application. If it does dry, re-wet surface with product.
- If stubborn areas remain, repeat the application in those areas.
- Thoroughly rinse the surface with a garden hose or pressure washer, removing all residue. After rinsing the surface, be sure to saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water.
- Use a wood brightener such as Minwax™ Deck Cleaner & Brightener to neutralize the surface, allowing for the best performance of your reapplied waterproofer or stain. A wood brightener also helps restore the natural colour and beauty of Redwood, Cedar and other highly resinous woods.
DRYING: Wait 2–3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a Minwax™ Decking Oil or Stain.
COVERAGE: approximately 47m2 per 3.78L depending on the condition and porosity of the wood.
CLEANUP: soap and warm water.